Previously, I’ve told you about the extraordinary resort town in the southwest of Turkey, Bodrum.
Today I decided to tell all of you who decided to go to town to rest, about ten things that you absolutely must do in Bodrum.
1. The first is to ask the locals how to translate the name of the city (if you know, write in comments under this post).
2. Visit Bodrum castle and to see with your own eyes the inscription preserved above the entrance door to a small tower Gatineau, “There is no God” (Inde Deus Abest). There are prison and torture chambers inside.
3. Don`t forget to go to the Museum of underwater archaeology, which is the only one in Turkey. There’s an amazing collection of Islamic glass.
4. Go on day trips around the Peninsula with stops in picturesque bays and stops at small Islands.
5. If it`s not enough – then just cruise Mavi Gologolo along the coast.
6. A must-see mausoleum of Halicarnassus! Remember, I wrote about it in my previous article.
7. Feel the hot rhythms of the nightlife of the city
8. To visit the beach of Bardakci Bay on the Eastern shore of the big Peninsula. To hear the legend of the Hermaphrodite and believe (or not) to the point of view that all men who drink the water from the source Salmacis become feminine.
9. Windsurfing, parasailing, and waterskiing in Gumbet, Bitez or other resort towns in the surrounding area of Bodrum.
And finally, the tenth thing is to love this city for life 😉